We are what we are. A bunch of young adults trying to break through the glass ceiling. This is where we will post our successes, our failures, tips for other writers, and other such things.

Sunday 6 November 2011

Daniel's Input

I felt it long overdue for my input to this blog so I decided to just jump right in without really knowing where I'm going or what it is I intend to write about. So we shall see how this goes.

The whole point of this blog, as mentioned by Emma in her recent post, is a way for us upcoming writers to share our experiences in the world of writing and hopefully inform and encourage those of you out there who are in the same boat as us.

At this early stage of my career, there isn't a whole lot of experiences for me to share. However, there is one key piece of advice that I would like to give out to any writer who is just starting out: become involved. I was very reluctant to attend a TAFE or Uni course on the subject and believed myself capable of getting published solely on my own talent. Through attending TAFE, not only did I learn new writing techniques and ways to hone my craft but I met an array of wonderful, and some not so wonderful, people and it sparked my desire to become more proactive. For example, this blog is something I probably would never have thought of doing by myself, yet it was due to the shared interest and passion of writing between Emma, Andrew and myself that I was given the opportunity to write for it. This blog has transferred into me starting my own blog for movie reviews and I can only hope that will lead on into something more.
 
So for me, at this early stage of my hopefully long and fruitful writing life, I feel it is all about being proactive, getting out there and doing stuff, making sure your name is on as many things as possible. But most importantly, it's about having fun while you do it.

I guess that's about it from me at this point, I did intend to talk about myself more but decided against it otherwise I'd probably just bore everyone and the resulting brain haemorrhages would all be my fault. And I can't have that on my conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment